Monday, October 05, 2009

Henning Pauly - 13 Days

Hey guys, here's my 0.02 mexican pesos...

Henning Pauly is mastermind of probably one of the greatest albums in prog: Frameshift (shoot me, that's how i feel about it). Anyways, he is currently working on two projects: Chain.exe and Babysteps.

What happens when you cant' take it any longer?

Well, ask Henning. He wrote an album in 13 days. Yes, the album was written, recorded, and all the artwork, etc.. was finished in 312 hours.

What was the end product?

Anything but prog. Henning created an album that contained no prog. Anyways, the album consists only in songs written with guitar, bass and drums in mind. No synthesizers, but yes, we have banjo again, and warr guitar in this one.

Anyways, 13 days contains 13 songs, with 11 singers, including Jody Ashworth from Trans Siberian Orchestra, Matt Cash from Chain, and Nik from Frameshift (his last name is to complicated to even copy-paste ), and other special guests.

Standout tracks include I've Had Enough, All I Ever Wanted, the exciting Three, Forever young, the funny track Six (love the ballad part btw), Seven, the fast paced Infrared, the banjo track Nothing is Forever, Waiting for a revolution, and 13 days. This are my favorite tracks of this album...

The other ones, although they are strong songs, they are not my cup of tea...I'll post this cause theres a system shutdwn shit virus going on.

Continuing with my review, while the other songs are strong, they are not my cup of tea. For some reason, I just can't listen to them more than once.

Anyways, this is a cd that's definitely worth getting. I'm a big fan of Henning but I still enjoy some good commercial rock. I think this album could get excellent airplay, but again, it's main purpose was for Henning to Unprog himself a little bit, and that's why I play it too. Sometimes you need to unprog yourself.

Anyways, I like the album. It's a great album, and i really recommend it. It's catchy, has some great choruses (and catchy) and banjo. what else do you want?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home